Admissions Criteria for Windsor Place
Windsor Place, Inc.
Windsor Place is a Salem, Oregon residential facility specializing in TBI care with a strong commitment to rehabilitative goals designed to enable adults with traumatic brain injuries to achieve their highest level of personal independence in a stable and caring setting.
The main goal for each resident of Windsor Place is for the staff
to assist each person in their care program in order to reach their
maximum level of independence. It is hoped that once the resident
has completed a program that has been designed for them, they will
move to a lower level of care in either a more independent adult
foster home setting or, possibly, be able to get their own
- Primary cause of admission: Traumatic Brain Injury. No
potential resident lower than 4 or 5 on the Rancho Los Amigos
- Resident (or guardian) must sign an agreement that he or she
is willing to participate in the re-training program to include:
activities, therapies, behavioral interventions or any and all
subsequent revisions to that program that is deemed necessary
and made a part of the Plan of Care.
- Willing to sign and abide by the House Rules.
- Windsor Place is a smoke free facility. No smoking is
permitted on campus by residents or staff members.
- Medical marijuana is only allowed at Windsor Place in pill
- Resident must be willing to sign that they will work the
specific rehabilitation contract tailored for them, with the
understanding that the failure to do so will constitute a 30-day
- Resident will agree that Windsor Place has the right to determine room and/or house changes according to the progress and abilities of the prospective resident.
Licensing and Standards
Windsor Place is classified as a "Special Adult Foster Home"
and fully licensed through NorthWest Senior and Disabilities
Services. The Oregon Department of Human Services has granted
Windsor Place a Special Needs Contract for Traumatic Brain Injured
Adults. The facility is required to have regular health and safety
inspections to pass stringent regulations and standards and enjoys
an excellent reputation and standing on many levels.